Saturday, February 21, 2009

"MAC" Ride -- new mobile sandwich or super computer?

This blog contains my thoughts and experiences in training for and completing MAC Ride ’09 (Mississippi river Apraxia Challenge). The MAC Ride is a 585 mile bike ride tracking the Mississippi River in Illinois, north to south, created to raise funds and awareness of Childhood Apraxia, a speech and language disorder that affects many children, including my son. The ride will consist of segments of 90-120 miles per day and take place September 20-25th, 2009. I will be reaching out and meeting with interested persons and organizations in the communities I pass through during the ride. All proceeds from this event will benefit CASANA (the Childhood Apraxia of Speech Association of North America). Please check CASANA’s website, http://www.apraxia-kids.org/, to learn more about the condition as well as how you can help support MAC Ride ’09.

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy to know of someone in the midwest. I am searched and not found much happening here. We live in southeast Iowa right on the Mississippi River. My grandson has apraxia of speech as well as motor apraxia and feels very alone. I would love it if you let us know when you might be passing through our area so he at least wave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello M. Crowe!
    Please email me at macride09@gmail.com and I can fill you in on our plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from La Crosse Wisconsin. I have a 3 year old apraxic son. We would love to show our support and come out and meet you if you are driving through our river town. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mom from WI!
    I don't think we'll be too close to LaCrosse, but email me at macride09@gmail.com and we can see! Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete