Sunday, September 13, 2009

"To Tom & Jackson, Good Luck on Your Ride. Livestrong!"

This time next week the MAC Ride team will have completed it’s first day, and I’m guessing feel pretty tired. The week ahead will be spent getting a bit more riding in, double and triple checking our gear, and making sure we’ve got a place to lay our heads each night. I’m sure the week will go fast.
I had two great surprises this weekend.
First, read a great article about the work being done to overcome CAS by the wonderful students and faculty of Augustana College in Rock Island, IL. Check it out at http://www.augustana.edu/x16243.xml. The students there are being very generous and hosting a reception for us. We will also have the opportunity to speak with families who are receiving services from their clinic.
Second, last week my friend and brother-in-law, Dave, had a photo shoot assignment. With the help of my wife and sister-in-law, Kelly, he secured and took along one of the two MAC Ride jerseys I had made for the ride. During the course of the day, Dave asked the person he was working with to sign one of my jerseys and MAC Ride brochure. They presented these to me today. The shoot was in Austin, Texas and the subject of the photo shoot was Lance Armstrong. I was really thrilled to get these items and very grateful my family would go to the trouble to make this possible. Dave got to talk a bit about CAS and the ride to Lance, who apparently was very interested in the condition and the event. What a cool way to start the week before the ride.
Many thanks to all our friends and family for their continued support.

No comments:

Post a Comment